Voice / Piano / Guitar / Ukulele Lessons
- Located in Midnapore, Calgary, very near Midnapore School (close to Macleod Trail / Hwy 22x).
- Private lessons & group lessons (often home-schooled families will take a lesson slot for 4 children, and share the fee, which I love! The group work is excellent.).
- Piano: classical (RCM), jazz, blues, pop, improvisation.
- Vocal: modern popular and jazz singing as well as classical / bel canto singing, choral practice, vocal coaching in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian.
- Guitar & ukulele: singer-songwriter folk style, blues/rock basics.
- Monthly performance opportunities in community, workshops, master classes – optional & FREE: All students can attend, sing, listen. What is a master class? I coach 2 or 3 students during the hour in front of a group. Open to all students no matter experience level and this is a great way to start processing your stage fright.
- Beginners: 30 min lesson once per week $150/month (4 lessons). Intermediate / advanced or students of two instruments (eg, voice/piano, voice/guitar, voice/uke) need a 1 hour lesson once per week $250/ month (4 lessons). Fees include extensive lesson support, flexibility about scheduling, exercises, recordings of vocalizes/instrument exercises with which to practice, etc. Purchase of books may be required, such as for the Royal Conservatory of Music; I’ll pass on my teacher discount.
- 24 hour notice required to reschedule lessons without charge. Missed lessons must be rescheduled within the same week unless vacation arrangements have been made. All lessons billed on credit card subscription with 30 days cancellation notice required.
Music & Performance
- Piano / vocal / guitar for banquets, corporate events, weddings, funerals, restaurants and special events, instrumental, with vocal or both, of jazz, sacred and classical repertoire in many different languages (English, Italian, French, German, Russian, and Spanish).
- For performances of original work, please contact me to get on my mailing list about upcoming performances and releases, or for music samples for your projects. If you follow me on Facebook, that is the fastest way to get the latest news! My music is available for sale at Amazon, iTunes, CDBaby and all the online warehouses, so if you search for me in your store, you will find me. Uh, yeah! I still have a few boxes of CDs if you prefer!
Voice over recording and/or production. Mixing options include custom composed audio track or library music tracks that you select. I bill by the project and will provide a written estimate at the time of consultation, but for very short projects the minimum hourly billing is $50/hour.
Workshops or attend my free weekly practice (online or at MidSun Community Centre, when they reopen). This service is for children K-12, colleges, sports teams, choirs, athletes, corporations, and any other group that would like to explore this important skill set for developing attention and emotional self-regulation. I began my meditation practice as a way to handle performance anxiety / stage fright, and am pleased to offer extensive training as part of my teaching practice! This 8-week program can be customized for your environment, but essentially begins with a focus on the senses, thoughts, feelings, and emotions. Benefits include increased ability to self-regulate, better impulse control, increased focus and attention, relaxation, improved sleep, increased self-control and performance while under stress, empathy, compassion and much more! For more information, visit www.CalgaryMindfulness.ca.